California Drug Testing Laws
The laws surrounding employee drug testing varies from state to state. In California, there are a number of regulations employers must follow in order to implement compliant drug testing policies and procedures.
Testing authorized on sensitive job positions in state agencies if the testing is related to the job
- Testing authorized on sensitive job positions in state agencies
- A positive result may warrant treatment, suspension, or dismissal
- Employers with at least 25 employees should accommodate employees who wish to enter drug treatment programs
Conditions & Methods
- Advance notification required
- Documentation showing chain of custody
- Confirming test in case of a positive result
California Marijuana Laws
Marijuana legislation in California may have implications when it comes to screening employees for cannabis use. For more information, visit California Marijuana Laws.
Laboratory Drug Testing in California
If you are an employer or administrator looking to schedule employee drug testing in California, type in your ZIP code to find the laboratory testing site nearest you: